What do you do if your site is hacked, deleted all the files, messed up with some Irreversible configuration, the server got crashed? All the pain, you have taken to write content or design the blog, will go in vain. Nothing will be left except regretting if you do not take backup. So I recommend you to be more proactive to save your blog by using good and quality WordPress Backup Plugins.
You can take backup of your site by many means like manual backup through CPanel, automatic backup by hosting services, and automatic or scheduled backup by using WordPress backup plugins.
It’s time-consuming and difficult to take backup by using CPanel core functionality. And backup by hosting service does not seem to be cost-effective and reliable. So if you use WordPress then you need not follow anything except best free WordPress backup plugins. Which definitely will save a lot of time and minimize the maintenance labor.
Lots of Best WordPress backup plugins are available in the plugin directory. But here, I will be sharing some Top Best WordPress Backup plugins. That will help you to choose the right one for your blog or website.
#1 – BackUpWordPress
This backup plugin is easy to use without any backend configuration. You can just install and use like plug and play. It helps to take a site backup including database, WordPress installation files, and configurations.
- Suitable for “Shared Hosting” and runs easily on low server memory
- Manage multiple schedule backups and emailed to you with each backup files
- The backup procedure runs faster on the server that’s why the site does not slow down
- Both Linux and Windows server are supported
- You can exclude any files or folders during the backup process
- Supports Multi-language
- Regularly updated and provides well-documentation
#2 – UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin
UpdraftPlus is the #1, most popular, top rated and highest ranking backup plugin in the WordPress repository. It provides all in one backup solution which includes full database and file backup. It also supports manual backup and schedule backup into various cloud storage such as Google Drive, Amazon S3, Dropbox, Rackspace Cloud, DreamObjects, FTP, Openstack Swift and much more.
- Supports backup into remote cloud storage
- Let us restore the site easily
- Provides automatic backups on various schedule time
- Site clone or migration to the new server is possible
- Both Database and WordPress file can have two different scheduled backup time
- It automatically resumed failed backup
- Well-documented and regularly updated
#3 – BackWPup – WordPress Backup Plugin
This plugin is one of the best and top rated plugin in the WordPress repository. It’s not only a backup plugin but also optimize and repair the database. It helps to take a complete backup on schedule or manual and send it to local drive or remote cloud storage. It comes with both free and paid version, but the free version is quite enough for most of the users.
- Supports remote storage like Dropbox, S3, FTP, Google Drive (Paid), SugarSync and much more.
- Check, Optimize and Repair the database
- It supports many compression formats like zipping, tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2
- Regularly updated and well-documented
#4 – Duplicator
This is a unique and all in one backup solution for any WordPress site. It can clone, duplicate, backup, move or migrate any site from one server to another. One unique feature of Duplicator is, it can run on the local host, and pull the production site into Cpanel server for real-time testing.
- Offers clone, backup and migrate any site
- Can be run on localhost
- Comes with simple and clean code which does not load any pressure on server
- Supports remote cloud storage, email notification, and multi-language
#5 – WP Database Backup
WP Database backup plugin is what it says by its name. This plugin only takes an automatic scheduled or manual database backup and offers one-click restoration. It supports local storage as well as cloud storage.
- Offers single click database backup and restoration
- Supports remote cloud storage and multiple destination back-ups
- Easy to install and use
- Regularly updated and well documented
#6 – XCloner – Backup and Restore
XCloner helps the webmaster to take a full backup of any WordPress site. It can be run on any early developed production site on the local server. Where you can take the backup, and restore on the remote server by using XCloner Php script.
- Provide very basic core functionality to take full site backup on local drive
- Can be installed on local server
- Generate auto backup by using CPanel Cron services and supports manual backup
- Can restore the backup anywhere or give any person
#7 – WordPress Backup to Dropbox
This one is specially built for Dropbox. Yes, you can take a backup both files and database, and send the manual or automatic scheduled backup into Dropbox. Its installation is simple and easy to use. Initially this plugin asks for Dropbox authorization, and afterward, you can set time, date to take the site backup.
#8 – Backup & Restore Dropbox
Unlike the above one, this plugin helps to take backup files and database into local storage or Dropbox. You can take unlimited backup to Dropbox and restore from it.
- Duplicate, clone, backup, restore and migrate any site
- Supports unlimited local or Dropbox backup and restoration
- Manual or automatic schedule backup possible
- Good for low memory “Shared Hosting”
- Check, Repair and Optimize database before taking any backup
#9 – Backup & Restore WPBackItUp
This plugin provides the simplest way to backup your blog. Installing this plugin is simple, and need not have any knowledge about Cpanel, Mysql, PHP Myadmin or any FTP. You can just install and press one simple button to make a full site backup or restore.
- Simple configuration to use
- Offers single click backup by Zip archive on local drive
- The backup procedure, it follows, is fast, thus make the site load faster
- Suited for Low Memory “Shared Hosting”
- Supports all sort fo servers such as Linux, Windows or even Azure
- Manual or automatic schedule backup and restoration
#10 – WP-DB-Backup
This one is simple to use for taking any database backup. More than 400,000+ active users use this plugin, and it’s high rated one in the WordPress repository. If you just want to take database backup for your blog then you can go for it.
What Do You Think?
I hope you will find your top best WordPress backup plugins from this list. Here, I have only given the free one, and I believe it’s quite enough for any personal use. But if you are running any business, e-commercial product or corporate site, then you can go for paid version. Which makes the total backup process simple and less time-consuming.
Did you use any backup plugin from this list? Or you use another good plugin which I did not list? Feel free to share your experiences and suggestions in the comment bellow.