Today’s technology has actively replaced the use of adapters and ugly wall-wart power supplies with the use of USB chargers. There is also seen the evolution of the new USB-C connector which being all the more advanced is soon going to replace the USB. Although Samsung has skilfully made use of larger USV micro-B connector, the Apple has been facing loss in its industry for custom ports. In such circumstances, have you always wondered how can you make a portable USB cell phone charger that could charge your phone along with the tablet and a camera?
Then in this article, we are going to discuss the steps and procedures to make a portable USB cell phone charger. To get to building one portable USB cell phone charger for yourself please go through this article carefully and follow the exact steps mentioned in this article. Let us get started.
Things You Need To Know About USB Charger
Earlier you had to be well aware of which power supply you are using and whether it is suited perfectly for charging your device. But now, with the invention of USB chargers, changing your phone is no big deal. You can connect the charger to any power supply and thus you have the opportunity to charge your phone at your friend’s place, plug your e-book reader to any computer, and download photos from a digital camera directly to your TV.
All thanks should be given to this new device. However, it also comes with its disadvantages. Some USB chargers, connectors and cables are different from each other. Some possess more strength than others and some USB socket on a laptop is more powerful than the other. With the use of some USB chargers, you can even charge your smartphone through the USB socket even when the desktop is turned off. In order to carry out these, you should first have a proper knowledge about how the USB works.
There are basically four types of USB specifications- 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1. There are a number of significant differences between all of them. Out of all, the most common is the USB 3.0. Only one host is present in a device with a USB network and by the host, we refer to your PC and the smartphone, camera, and tablet is referred as the device. It is known that the power always flows from the host to the device to charge the device.
We should also have a proper knowledge about the USB numbers. In a case of a regular USB 1.0 or 2.0, they have four pins and four wires. Three kinds of USB port are seen – namely a standard downstream port, a charging downstream port and a dedicated charging port. You can find the first two on your computers and the third kind is generally seen to be used in the ‘dumb’ wall chargers. A standard downstream port of this number has the capability of delivering up to 500 mA and can move up to 900 mA.
However, the USB-C is seen as a completely different connector as it can be put in any way and will still work. ‘Sleep and charge’ port is also seen where the USB ports on a powered down computer remain active.
The huge variation between the normal USB ports at 500Ma and the dedicated charging ports arises a question whether the charger will blow up if a 900Ma wall charger is plugged into a 2,100Ma iPad charger? The answer is that you will see no explosion in this case as in the modern USB device you experience faster charging by plugging into a high amperage USB port.
Now that you have basic info about USB charger, let’s get started with USB charger.
First, you need to have two 9 volts’ batteries of which one can be used and the other one should be a new battery. Next, you need to have a box which you need to use to keep your two batteries inside this box will be the main frame of your portable USB cell phone charger. Next, you also need to have a switch to create a complete circuit of the portable charger.
This you can buy from any store near your home or take even from remote controlled broken toys. after this you also need to have USB card charger, this is going to be the main thing in your portable USB cell phone charger. This you can purchase for $1 to $3. Now you need some wires and then you are set to go with the assembly of the USB portable charger.
- When you begin to assemble your portable USB cell phone charger, you need to take the batteries and prepare the battery terminals.
- To prepare the battery terminals, you need to take out the positive and negative cap of the batteries.
- Then you need to attach the copper wires to the negative and positive sides of the battery through soldering.
- Remember to attach a yellow wire to the positive connector of the battery and the red wire to the negative side of the battery cap.
- After when you are done with soldering, you need to use the industrial adhesive to completely cover the wiring on the cap to give it additional strength, protection and water resistance qualities.
- Now you need to take out the USB card charger and take the shell off.
- Now take the card and attach the battery cap wires to the positive and negative side of the USB card charger. This will complete the circuit of the portable USB charger.
- At last, you need to attach this onto the positive yellow wire, which will control the flow of charge in your Portable USB charger.
- Once you have the internal settings in place you can cover up space in the box with the help of a cutter. Now place the internal structure that you have made with USB card charger.
- Now close the box and use the on-off switch to control the flow of charge from your portable USB charger to the USB device that you are connected.
In this simple way, you can create a portable USB cell phone charger without incurring expensive costs. What are you waiting for? Get started today!